- What We Collect
- How We Use your Personal Information
- How We Share your Personal Information
- Data Transfer
- How We Protect Your Information
- Your Choices
- Communicating With Us
- Changes to This Policy
2. What We Collect
The following are examples of the personal information that we collect:
|Activity||Items to be collected|
|Register||· First name, Last name, Email address, Mobile phone number, Gender(Female/Male), Birthday(dd/mm/yyyy)|
In addition to the above, we may collect information automatically about your activities on our websites, such as cookies, IP addresses, visit history, service history, and unauthorized use history. Note that we do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you should look at our websites with the involvement of a parent or guardian only and you should not make a purchase, register, or submit personal information to us.
We will retain your information for a reasonable period, until you request otherwise, and/or as long as the law requires.
3. How We Use Your Personal Information
Clorox primarily uses the personal information that it collects to provide you with products, information, and services of [Burt’s Bees Hong Kongplease state entity] in the areas of [personal care, beauty products]. We may also use your information to track your purchase history and to contact you for account and promotional purposes. You must register your personal information for the purpose of creating a registration profile in order to use our service. We may also use your personal information for other legitimate business purposes, including to detect and to prevent fraud, to collect amounts owing to us and to maintain business records.
4. How We Share Your Personal Information
Clorox may share your personal information in the following circumstances.
- Companies that perform services for us for the purposes set out in this agreement, such as sending postal mail, e-mails and SMS, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, providing customer service [and corporate affiliates].
- Social Networks, Widgets, and Plug-ins. If you use any features made available to you on our website by a third party it may result in information being collected or shared between us and the third party. For example, if you use Facebook’s “Like” feature Facebook may register the fact that you “liked” a product and may post that information on Facebook.
- Other instances. Clorox may share your personal information with [legal advisors, law enforcement agencies, advertising, media and PR agencies] in order to protect the legal rights of our company, our employees, our agents, and our affiliates, to protect the safety and security of our visitors,to detect and protect against fraud, or to comply with law or legal process.
Clorox will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by all third parties in accordance with this policy. We will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent. Should Clorox enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners for the same purposes of use as set out in this policy.
Clorox may share de-identified information (i.e., information that does not identify you) in the following circumstances in addition to those identified above:
- Aggregate information: We may share de-identified aggregate information about our customers with advertisers and marketing partners.
- Behavioral-based advertising: A third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website and other websites so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites.
5. Data Transfer
Considering it engages in global businesses, Clorox may provide or transfer your information to the companies located in other countries to administer and/or operate certain functions or services on our behalf. For the places where the personal information is transmitted, retained or processed, Clorox takes reasonable measures for protecting that personal information.
6. How We Protect Your Information
As commonly understood, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Clorox will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. Use of Personal Information in Direct Marketing
We intend to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes [in the manner described above], and we may not use your personal information unless we have received your consent (which includes an indication of no objection). You have right to decline to receive such direct marketing by contacting us at any time.
8. Communicating With Us
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, or of you would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, you can contact Clorox’s personal information management officer by mail:
Burt’s Bees Hong Kong
Clorox Hong Kong Limited,
21/F, Greenwich Centre
260 King’s Road,
North Point, Hong Kong
Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information we may do so by e-mail, telephone, or mail.
9. Changes to This Policy
Effective as of January 20, 2018.